What is the Smartplug™?
The SmartPlug™ provides a powerful, secure application sandbox for the development, deployment, management and update of edge device applications and services. It consists of three main components:
- An encrypted core process used to control the main agent functions and to communicate with the CloudPlugs platform.
- An encrypted local No-SQL database that allows the development of applications that store local data, such as store and forward applications.
- An encrypted user/worker process that executes the applications written for the SmartPlug™.
The SmartPlug™ supports multiple operating systems allowing flexibility in deployments. For details on how to install, configure and program it, please refer to the SmartPlug™ documentation.
Multi-Platform and Operating System Support
The SmartPlug™ is available for multiple hardware platforms and operating systems. If your hardware meets the minimum requirements, the following steps will allow you to quickly connect your Things:
- Create a Prototype.
- From the Prototype, create Production Template.
- In the Template, add a serial number and configure its enroll and control passwords. Save the Template and provision it.
- Download & install the version of the SmarPlug™ appropriate for your hardware platform, Operating System and application.
- Configure the smartplug.conf file with the Production Template’s Plug-ID, and the device’s serial number and enroll password.
- Develop your applications using the SmartPlug App, or upload docker containers to the CloudPlugs IoT Containers registry.
- Enable your applications on the Production Template for the Thing that will use the SmartPlug™.
- Set any other properties and triggers that the device should inherit from the Production Template.
- Connect your device, start the SmartPlug™ process and, as soon as it is enrolled, it will be provisioned with the properties and applications set in its Production Template. The data of any SmartPlug™ applications or containers associated with the device that publish data will be displayed on the Data panel of the Thing running the SmartPlug™.
For details on how to install, configure and run the SmartPlug™, please refer to the SmartPlug™ documentation set.
If you have a project that requires support for additional operating systems and/or hardware please contact us.
Select and download your SmartPlug™
|Platform / OS||Linux||Ubuntu Core||Ubuntu Server||Mac OS X||Windows|
|x86 32-bit (e.g., Intel Edison, Intel Galileo, PC’s)||Download||Download||Download||Download|
|x86 64-bit (e.g., PC’s, servers)||Download||Download||Download||Download||Download|
|armv7 (e.g., BeagleBone Black, Banana Pi, Udoo, Raspberry Pi 2)||Download||Download|
|armv6 for Raspberry Pi A, A+, B, B+||Download|